Saturday, August 27, 2022

The Harem of the Undying King

 So for a small distraction from historicals and to practice some painting techniques I decided to paint the zombies that came with kickstarter I backed from the 13th Warlock. I wanted to practice highlights for skins and figured zombies would be good because if I messed up they'd still work. The models are a rather adult group of female zombies but where a real treat to paint. They are all 3D prints and some of the artifacts from that process where visible in a few. 

Since I have been recently playing Oathmark which uses units in denominations of 5, and I have 10 of these zombies, it got me thinking. I came up with a name for the unit "The Harem of the Undying King" which I think fits the adult nature of the poses and would go well with an undead army. I think I might field them as Ghouls though.

Here is the whole unit.


Here are the individual shots. I am really happy with how they came out. I must confess I rushed the bases a bit just so I could take photos. Will probably go back as add a bit more to them.
























No comments: