Sunday, July 31, 2022

Back at it

 Finally back to playing and painting! We are settled in our new home and I have my office set up. I have also got in with one of the local clubs.

The first game here was a big game of Oathmark. I was able to get my Norman cavalry on the table as regular humans. Even though I was defeated I quite enjoyed the rules (which are now on order) and plan to play in another large game with the same group in late August. 


The next game I got to play was only a few days later. One of the clubs had been running a Bolt Action Operation Market Garden campaign and this was the last night of it. I took Thomas along to help with dice rolls and decision making. We got some of my terrain on the table and brought along my Germans. We had a good time and the battle seemed to be leaning our way in the beginning. Due to unlucky dice and a few poor tactical decisions the battle quickly swung in the Americans favor and we got mopped up.


 Lastly I have our office space set up. The armies will stay in their foam boxes in the garage as there is not space for them all in the house. I do have space for a small painting set up and have gotten back to work on my Anglo-Saxon army. Will try to focus my efforts on getting them done over the next few months.

No comments: