Saturday, January 8, 2022

Coleman Gets Started

 My 4 year old son Coleman has shown increased interest in painting miniatures, especially after the high praise his 7 year old broth Thomas got. While visiting a local game store I let him pick out a miniature to paint and he picked a D&D brand Giant Squid. He was very focused and determined to paint it all in one sitting and so I let him. All I did was get his paints ready and offer advice and tips to help him accomplish his vision. He was so excited to finish it that he wanted to start on another right away. I rummaged around in my box of unpainted monsters and got him a Reaper Bones monster. He also painted the entire thing in 1 day, again all on his own with only minimum assistance. 



He is very quick to correct you if you call it anything other then a squid. He chose to paint it based off the colors of the example on the packaging. 

This one he calls the Angler Death Monster. He chose all the colors and did all the application himself.






No comments: