Sunday, May 13, 2018

Bolt Action Modern Game

So I started a Historical Wargaming Club at my new base to share this great hobby. There are a few people that play Warhammer 40k and fantasy as well as Star Wars X-Wing (good game) but I want to open them up to historical games. Here are some pictures of out first monthly club game. I put on a Bolt Action Modern game of US army infantry clearing an Afghan hamlet used as a Taliban stagging ground. I don't have my normal play by play, just a collection of some photos.

The Taliban had 8 Cells consisting of 6 men; each had 4 men armed with AK47/AKMs, 1 with a RPG, and 1 with an LMG. They also had a HMG team and a Mortar team.


The US Army consisted of 4 fire-teams of 4 men armed with 3 AR15/M16s (1 w/ Under-slung Grenade Launcher), and a SAW LMG. They where supported my a Sniper team, HMG team, Light Mortar team, and Javelin AT team.

 Pre-deployment. The US started in the bottom right corner and had to cross into the hamlet and clear 5 hotspots where insurgents where entering the area from.
 Civilians added the risk of suicide bombers as well as risk of civilian casualties. 







No comments: