Saturday, March 6, 2021

Normans and Anglo-Saxons

 Now that I'm home I have started to reorganize my collection. I am putting most of my collections in magnetized tubs which means adding magnets or metal bases to all the miniatures. For my Anglo-Saxons and Normans I  put all the infantry on 25mm round metal bases and added the same to the bottom of their rectangular cavalry bases. Both armies are very nearly fully painted but now nearly each model needs some additional base work.

Of the two armies the Normans will need the most work. One full unit needs painting and three units need full basing work. This army now consists of 24 cavalry (16 armored, 8 unarmored), 36 melee infantry (12 armored, 24 unarmored), and 24 ranged infantry (12 archers, 12 crossbowmen). I'd like to add another 8 or 16 unarmored cavalry, 24 unarmored melee infantry, and 12 armored melee infantry to call to force fully complete for most any rules.





The Anglo-Saxon army is more fully complete. only 8 models need to be painted though 36 need base work. The army consists of 60 melee infantry (36 unarmored, 24 armored) and 24 archers. I think 1 more unit of 12 unarmored infantry would be good. I could then split it into two equal SAGA 4pt armies or two equal commands as I have two command groups. 






The collection is from a wide range of manufactures that include, but not limited to: Footsore Miniatures, Parry Miniatures, Crusader Miniatures, and Warlord Games.

No comments: