Sunday, March 7, 2021

First game of 2021 and first game of WoG with my son.

 Today I introduced my 6yo son to Wings of Glory. He has expressed a growing interest in gaming with me since I returned from my deployment. For our first game we each had one, very maneuverable, fighter. I was very impressed with how quickly he picked up the rules and figured out the maneuvering. For the second game I let him pick two aircraft from the same side and he went with 2 German heavy fighters. I took a British heavy fighter and an Italian sea plane. That battle went on for quite a while until finally he was left with the only plain still flying.


Game 1:







The first 5 hits I scored on him where all Zeros! but his luck ran out when he drew the explosion card. He put up a good fight for his first game and was a good sport about the lose. He immediately asked for a second game with two aircraft each.

Game 2:




I managed to focuses fire down one of his heavy fighters but my Italian sea plane had taken a beating in the process.

It didn't take him long to pay me back by going after my damaged plane and shooting it down.

Our last two aircraft spent a great deal of time spiraling around trying to get in good positions. It was a real challenge since they are both the same size with the same movement deck.

Finally my luck ran out and with only 3 HP left for each of us I drew the explosion card and he drew a 1. Second game was a victory for him and he was a gracious winner.

I really love this game and highly recommend it for getting anyone into the hobby. Normally I would suggest waiting for most kids to start around the age of 10 but some, like my son, are perfectly ready to start younger. I was honest with him and told him up front I was going to play to win. He was proud to beat me.

1 comment:

Abell said...

Through this post, I know that your good knowledge in playing with all the pieces was very helpful. I notify that this is the first place where I find issues I've been searching for. You have a clever yet attractive way of writing. z code discount