Friday, February 4, 2022

Display Board

 I will be playing in my 2nd Bolt Action Tournament this coming March and it will be a 750pt Combat Patrol game. In addition the the lower points cap. All vehicles must be open topped and a 7+ armor or less. I decided to go with a German Anti-Partisan Force themed on the Eastern Front. I'll do a separate post about the force composition but in edition to the 5 vehicles and 29 miniatures I need to paint I have decided to also build a 2 foot by 2 foot display board for them. 

I started with a standard 2in thick 2x2 foam insolation panel from local hardware for the base. I then set out some of my Eastern front 4 Ground buildings from my WW1 collection and some 3d printed terrain. Next I laid out the part of the force I have and played around with the narrative I wanted it to tell. 


When I had a good idea of a vision I removed the miniatures and traced out all the terrain elements to make a template of my idea. I want to display a small cross roads and farm stead where the patrol has stopped and engaged partisans (I plan on make some dead partisan minis). 


The first element I began construct were the ruts in the roads. I wanted these to be cut into the board and to show their heavy use on a dirt road. I used a foam wire cutter to carve them out and then ran some sand paper along the sides.



I made the ruts wider so that when I add dirt and texture they should fill in to the desirable size. 



No comments: