Saturday, January 8, 2022

Javelins

 Well the Garage has been finished and the entirety of my 20 years of wargaming collection has moved into it. We set up a projector and let the boys watch a movie last night while I painted. While the following were painted in 2021 I finished the basing last night so they will be the first finished minis of 2022.

Working again on my Anglo-Saxon army here are 2 units of skirmishers. They are armed with Javelins. Bows were in small numbers on the Saxon side so most skirmishers would have been armed with slings or javelins. Based off what I had available I'll be doing 3 units of javelins and 2 of bows. The movement tray is from Litko and the models are from Wargames Factory. They are the worst plastic models on the planet but I did my best to get the most out of them. As such I couldn't be bothered to give them more then a basic paint job and wash. Fortunately the Little Big Men transfers just fit and help them look a bit better. 

While primarily for Hail Creaser, I chose to go with 6 models per unit. This number will work well for other games like SAGA where Levey are in groups of 12.







 

No comments: